Saturday, December 1, 2007

Wild couple weeks

So, I went on vacation a couple weeks ago (Thanksgiving break). It was a good time. Snorkeling was the best part for me. My MS didn't bother me too much, but I was quite tired at times.

It was a cruise and found out that days at sea are really BORING. They have a captive audience and try to sell, sell, sell. Besides that, there wasn't much to do if you weren't going to spend your time gambling.

My birthday fell on the last day at sea. I wasn't feeling very well. The next morning I was feeling worse! I had to get off the boat, go through customs, get to the airport, wait through the security line, then sleep on the floor while waiting for my flight. Fly back home (all the time feeling like shit).

My wife had decided that I HAD to go to the hospital. I went. My appendix had ruptured!!! I was a day or two away from dead.... needless to say, I was in the hospital for most of the week and am still on pain meds now (1 week since surgery) with new cuts and bruises on me.

Needless to say, it has been wild. Tomorrow I will TRY to go back to work. I am a little worried about that since I know that there are a million things waiting for me.

No comments: